Monday 30 September 2013

Breaking Bad finale "And I was really—I was alive" (no he wasn't)

UPDATE
I suspected it at the time but am now completely convinced

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/09/breaking-bad-finale-reviewed.html
and
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/04/norm-macdonald-tells-you-how-breaking-bad-really-ended/

Walt died in the car. Everything after was a dream.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Inevitably it's disappointing  - perhaps because I'm half asleep, also perhaps because I also watched the Mythbusters Breaking Bad special yesterday so I failed to suspend my disbelief for some of it

Although satisfying on a plot level it felt - lightweight - compared to the previous two episodes, which were absolutely classic tv drama

---

as I alluded to in previous bog post a literal, satisfying end to such an epic would appear a little dull and I think people will compare it to the
end of The Sopranos for a very long time
---

and years later I still don't know what to think about the end of that

---

Perhaps fair to say the end of Breaking Bad would not have happened without the end of The Sopranos


No comments:

Post a Comment