Sunday 7 October 2012

Ayn Rand Would Disapprove Of This Cat's Lifestyle

I'm currently house sitting for some friends of mine (Su and Ali) who are off on their honeymoon drinking their walk across some of the most beautiful scenery in South East Asia.

One of my major tasks right now is taking care of their cat, Charlie. It's not like Charlie hangs about like a bad smell, she hangs about like a fairly musty over familiar smell (a non-offensive fart say).

You might think Charlie and I quite literally got off on a bad foot when on my first morning, emerging from my den in Su and Ali's loft, I fell down the stairs and broke my toe. (see below)
While deciding whether to take the trip to A&E Charlie decided to jump on on it (see below)

It's not that, it's more that I'm just generally not impressed with her attitude.

It's not that she's particularly physically incapable or even incredibly lazy, she's just not motivated. She's a moocher, who appears just to run around my feet looking for food all the time. And when she's been fed she just sits on a chair nearby and that's about it really. She won't kill anything and barely ever actually goes outside.

She definately needs some sort of hobby, or definitely a job. She really isn't pulling her weight in the kind of society we live in these days, where there are tax payers like myself paying an absolute fortune to keep the country running and there are quite a lot of people who are just mooching off society - like her. I love her to bits and.. I'm not sure how to make this obvious to her .. but sitting on a chair watching me all the time is not good enough, and she needs to find some self respect.

I don't like to see people living like this, because I've been through it myself.  I've been on the dole for some time, become long term unemployed, and your self respect slowly dissipates  You slowly lose it. You lose your ability to GET a job. You become long term unemployed and that's what she looks like now - long term unemployed.

She looks like she's going to have real trouble adjusting to society. She's become reliant on Su and Ali to get her through life. and she's now completely dependent on them. If she had to go out and catch a mouse I honestly think she'd struggle.





So - I'm going to download some of Ayn Rand's objectivist material, find some choice passages in The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged and read them out to her. I'll report here on the results.






No comments:

Post a Comment