Wednesday 11 September 2019

Leaving dystopia in the rear view mirror

So I could be blogging about how the G20 has somehow replaced the United Nations and no-one has noticed.
Or Br***t.
Or Tr***.
But,  *ck it, 2018-19 has been a pivotal year for me and I just didn't have time anymore for incompetent politicians dragging the world to hell. There will be less politics on this blog going forward, those of us with a braincell need to stay positive and ride this out.

I started this blog back in 2011 as a therapeutic exercise and in that it's been a success. As will be obvious when I finally post my opinions on TWIN PEAKS : THE RETURN, last year it finally became apparent to me how much I lost from a critical life decision in the mid 1990s. I relocated to a a very beautiful but remote part of the UK but I never settled, and I lost pretty much everything. Not only friends and possessions but eventually  - myself - as the enthusiasm and interests that used to power my own life had to be compromised by the need to fit in.

My attempt to create a first spin off music blog a few xmas's ago foundered on the first realisation of these choices I made in the 1990s. I will come back to that blog in time.

There were and are some big positives from that move into the wild, and you should never have regrets, but in line with what might be my long delayed mid life crisis, I'm getting back in touch with a lot that I thought I'd lost for good.

Part of that was motorcycles, and when I rediscovered my love for that my love of motorsport and the fractal levels of detail within motorsport returned as well, hence I'm writing a new spin off blog
focused on F1, MotoGP, World Superbikes, British Superbikes, MotoE, Formula E and Formula W (plus maybe GT, Endurance racing and Speedway if we can find the time)



No comments:

Post a Comment